Sunday, August 1, 2010

London is calling

London is really a lovely place. You don't get the feeling that it's going to be the next big thing, but you get the feeling that it's already there. It's no wonder that London is one of the top cities of the world.

Just as long as you don't convert the pound and don't have to pay for accomodation, it's very livable and enjoyable. Had a wonderful time here, met up with some contacts and friends, spent a night out with really interesting people who showed me what London was all about.

I didn't do the regular visits to Tate Museum, Kew Gardens or even Harrod's. I spent time around Picadilly circus and with my friends - I ended up walking around London at 2am looking for something to eat with my friends. Drinks at a pub are incredibly cheap, dollar for dollar. Taxi fare, is on the high side. If you're earning a decent living (maybe 80k - 90k), you could definitely enjoy London.

The most memorable time I had? Having lunch at le Renais de Venise, excellent steak, excellent chips, excellent dessert and most of all, excellent company that enjoyed the food with me! Would I stay here for 2 years? I would if I had the money and opportunity.

On another note, I realized that I don't think I could work for Goldman Sachs. One of my friends, had to head back to office at 2.30am to finish up more work on a Saturday night. Apparently, it's a normal occurences - as in, he's been doing it just about every weekend. 18 hours a day, or about 110 hours a week. The money is good, really good - but the hours and lifestyle, that's just hardcore.

3 more weeks to Beijing. I'm looking forward to that.

It's like a dream, no end and no beginning...

Bass D & King Matthew - Like a Dream (Darwin remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter