Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1st Class

Pre term maths, what a way to start the program. I guess it's a necessity though - having to remember all the maths (mainly calculus) that haven't been used in years. In a way, it was fun to do maths again, a bit like doing the GMAT.

The schedule for the next 3 months seems pretty hectic, but I was sort of expecting that after talking with students from other schools. Data, Modelling and Decision Making seems to be a very important module - given that the pre term math classes are probably for that module.

Doing the pre term maths made me remember a project that I wanted to do at work - to take 5 years past data of prices and sales and chart it out for every price available. Unfortunately that project died when a new hire quit after 2 weeks due to family reasons. I never did get around to getting the data that I wanted, although it would have been interesting to look at the numbers. Could probably have done a more accurate projection of demand based on the prices too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter