Sunday, July 18, 2010

A New Chapter

It's come down to this, 5 more weeks before I head off to Tsinghua SEM for my MBA program.

3 years of applications to Top 10 business schools that results in countless waitlists - I was good, but missing the magic factor. No tears, I learnt a lot and met some wonderful people. Although, I would have done things differently if I were to relive the past 3 years again, it has been a good time.

What would I have done differently? I would have taken on a job that I love and excelled at it. Instead of putting my nose to the grind for a job I had little passion for - investment banking.

With regret and sadness, I resigned last Wednesday (14 july). I've had the pleasure of working with such energetic people in a role that allowed me to contribute where ever I could. Never did I imagine (as recently as a year ago) that working for a local manufacturing company would give me such satisfaction.

I don't know whether I'll be back, there are talks, but nobody can see 2 years in the future. Some say I'm silly to give up a job that sends me all over the world - maybe I am, but I know if I come back, I will have that option all over again. It's not so much the traveling that I will miss, but it's the people, the team work that I savor and will miss. I hope, that if I come back, things will be even better.

---

The house has been sold, another regret. I've lived there my whole life - I remember everything so clearly. The rooms, the laughter, Saturday cooking for lunch, the baking days... it's all so fresh in my mind. My old bed, the computer, the pets... but now, everybody has gone away and so will I. For the past several years, I stayed with the ghosts of the past in the house, maybe in some way, it's easier to sell the house and move onward to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter