Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another night

Just another night alone in the hotel room. The girls in Kiev are simply gorgeous. However, like any other place, they come with a price - here, love can be bought for USD250 - although I've been told by the business partner than you can negotitate it down to USD100. I haven't bothered to try.

Plenty of business opportunities here though - I think if you know the right kind of people, you could easily make a lot of money, and I mean a lot. It's cheaper than the USA, but more expensive than Asia - puts it into a nice little position.

Alcohol can be a bit pricy here - a bottle of Jack runs up to the low USD100. Food is pretty good, it's got a really rich flavor because of the ingredients - heavy cream and pork lard! Can't go wrong with that!

Tomorrow is a rest day because I'm waiting for some costings to come in from home base while the partners here prepare some information for me. I'll probably take a walk around town, it's very scenic and relaxing though. The sun sets at 9pm because it's summer and apparently it's pretty safe until midnight or so (better than expected). I'm out of money on PokerStars as I've happily donked it away on tournaments - hoping to get a reload tomorrow though....

Am charging the laptop before I head down to the bar - while it's full of lonely men looking for love, and women who are selling love, it beats sitting in the hotel room alone. At least I'll be able to sip a nice latte while watching yet another DVD. Didn't feel like hitting the clubs as I did that yesterday and will probably do it tomorrow - club music here is pretty enjoyable, less on the remixed pop and more on the dance/house/trance. Either that or they're playing remixed Ukrainian pop songs... which I can't differentiate from dance music. :)

P/s - it took 41 hours from home to the hotel room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Counter